New Patient Information
We appreciate you choosing Orthopaedic Associates of Marlborough as your personal health partner. Your first visit is very important. A little planning ahead can save you a lot of time. For starters, this checklist can give you a good idea of what to expect.
Click on topic to view more information:
What to Bring
- Insurance Card
- Emergency Room records
- Medical Records/X-Rays
- Electronic Medical Records
- Written List of Prescriptions, Medications, Vitamins
- A Family Member or Friend
- Translator if needed
Location and Directions
Billing and Payment Information
In order for our office to submit an insurance claim, you are required to present your insurance information and valid photo identification at the time of check-in. You are responsible for any co-payment or deductible at each visit, in accordance with your insurance policy.
The statement you receive from our office includes only Orthopaedic Associates of Marlborough fees. You may also receive separate bills from the hospital or other physicians such as radiologists and anesthesiologists.
If you do not have insurance, payment is due in full at the time services are rendered. Please check with our office about payment plan options. We accept cash, check, debit card and most major credit cards. For your convenience, you can pay your bill online.
We participate with and accept most insurance plans including Medicare and Worker's Compensation; however, it is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that Orthopaedic Associates of Marlborough is covered under his/her plan. For current information regarding your insurance, please call our Eligibility Department at 508.485.3665.
Some insurance plans require the patient to obtain a referral authorization from their primary care provider prior to receiving services from a specialist. If your plan requires a referral authorization, services will only be provided if the referral authorization is at our office at the time of your appointment. You will have the option to sign a waiver accepting financial responsibility for services not covered due to the lack of referral authorization. If referral authorization is an issue, we can reschedule your appointment.
When You are at the Doctor's Office
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early with your paperwork completed to ensure that we can take care of any last-minute requirements before you see the doctor.
- Ask Questions: feel free to write down your questions. If you don't understand a medical term or recommendations, let us know.
When You Get Home
- Be sure to follow the Doctor's instructions. Take the full course of medicine. Change dressings as instructed. Remember, you're a part of the team too.
- Keep the doctor informed of any changes in your condition.
- Take a look at our patient education information on our website about many conditions and surgical procedures. Feel free to view information on your scheduled procedure.
Questions to ask at the visit or later, if your doctor recommends surgery
- Why is this procedure being recommended?
- Are there alternatives?
- What are the risks involved?
- What is the procedure called?
- How is it done?
- What will happen if I don't have the surgery now?
- If I want a second opinion, whom can I consult?
- Will I need any medical evaluations prior to the surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- Will I meet with the anesthesiologist in advance?
- How long will the recovery take?
- What are my limitations during recovery?
- Will I need assistance at home afterward? For how long?
- What will discharge instructions be?
- Will I need physical therapy?
If you have any other questions regarding your first visit to Orthopaedic Associates of Marlborough Office, please call us at 508-485-3665.
We look forward to working with you!
Orthopaedic Associates of Marlborough
Call 508.485.3665 to schedule an appointment.
New Office Hours
Monday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am